Custom Navbar

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Exercising While Penny Pinching

Many of you, like me, may have put exercise on your list of things to work on for the year. For some of you that means getting a gym membership—which you may or may not actually get your money's worth out of. A gym membership isn't an option for me though, as we don't have that in our budget and I'm not willing to use the little bit of personal spending money I get for something like that. So, what's a girl to do?

YouTube. YouTube is a virtually limitless source for workout routines. I have found several that are really good quality, that target the specific areas I want to work on, and can be done with or without equipment. What I love about using workout routines on YouTube is it gives me the ability to try something new, and easily switch-up my workout if I get bored or just want a change.

The Best Victoria Secret Ab Workout (16:33)
Victoria's Secret Model Workout: 10-Minute Fat-Blasting Circuit (10:31)

Outdoors. My husband and I live in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, but we don't take advantage of what we have available in the outdoors nearly enough. I would love to see us sled, skate, snowshoe, walk, hike, play tennis, bike etc. way more than we do, and hopefully this year we can do just that. What sorts of activities are available in your area—walking trails, tennis courts, hiking, biking? If it's free, take advantage of it!
Cross-country skiing

Activities. If you do a little research you may find great deals on activities that usually cost money. For example, in New Hampshire there is a learn to ski free week that includes rentals, lesson, and lift ticket to new skiers and snowboarders. Unfortunately I have had lessons in both, but they were also offering cross-country skiing, which I have never done, so a friend and I signed up for the free deal. I'm really looking forward to it. In the past I was able to get a free pool pass at a local gym by volunteering to help with their swim lessons. So, look around, make connections and find out what you can do for free!

Getting in shape this new year doesn't have to cost money, just perseverance, creativity, and maybe a friend or spouse to enjoy it with!

Keep pinchin' :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment